Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Updates

So I had a great New Year’s resolution to keep up with my blog posts!  It is clearly going well, as you can see.  However, I’ve rationalized my tardiness by believing that you all will appreciate that I have concentrated more on dyeing yarns,  building pattern support for those yarns and having even more samples to touch.  Perhaps next year I should resolve to dye more, or eat more cookies.  Those are New Year’s resolutions I am confident I could keep up with. 

In other news, we’re making plans with guilds to offer workshops exploring how the choice of weave structure combined with handpainted yarn can create simple yet beautiful results:
-          Introduction to Weaving with Handpainted Yarns will be offered by the Fredericksburg Spinners, Weavers and Fiber Arts Guild in Fredericksburg, VA, November 12-13, 2011. This is a 2-day round robin workshop; looms are warped with a handpainted yarn; and students experiment with different handpainted yarns in the weft, studying the effect of hue, value, structure and thread size and fiber content.
-          Weaving with Handpainted Yarns II is to be offered in 2012 through the Blue Ridge Spinners and Weavers Guild, who have graciously agreed to be the guinea pig for our new workshop. In this workshop we’ll start to play with more than 1 variegated yarn in the warp and/or weft.  

Stop by the booth to see our overshot and Bateman samples and, if you are in the area, register for a workshop to create your own.  (Your samples will make great gifts – just ask my children and their growing collections of sample weave kitchen towels!)