Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spring Inspirations

The weather has been beautiful and I couldn’t stand working in the basement any longer!

My husband and I went up to see the Cezanne exhibit at the Baltimore Museum of Art . There were works by Cezanne and those he influences. This picture by Oscar Bluemner sparked all sorts of possibilities for patchwork and surface design.  So too this Andrew Dasbury – I’d like to try tearing magazine pages…….




Then off to the Baltimore Arboretum. We had a few very warm days here and the spring blooms are well underway. Lots of wildflowers are out. Beautiful Virginia Bluebells. I’ve tried them my yard to no avail. And these wonderful mushrooms….
Monday…and back to work. This weekend is Stitches South in Atlanta. So here’s the start to our pack-out. Doesn’t look like much….well, that’s because we shipped the rest directly to Atlanta from the weaving show in Santa Clara last week. Sort of a dual pack out, with Maryland Sheep and Wool right afterwards.


The new patterns and samples are ready for prime time. Some luscious cashmeres. Still can’t decide what to do with the ball I’m coveting.

I was going to take pictures of the new samples, but I was too slow they’re packed already.

If you’re at either show please stop by and say hi.